Monday, July 12, 2010

Garrison's monthly pictures

So I'm behind on posting Garrison's monthly pictures. I can't believe he is already 4 1/2 months old. He's such a sweet baby. Will and I feel blessed to be home with him all day. Granted, it's hard to get a lot of work done (he only naps for 30 minutes at a time).

There have been several things that have happened that made me realize he is MINE and I'm not just babysitting. I know that realization comes at different times for different people. It happened for me the first time I changed his diaper in a public restroom (McAlisters). The first time we took him to church and dropped him off at the nursery was a bit strange. They handed me a tag with a number, and we had to have that tag to pick him back up. I was a bit apprehensive about leaving him in the nursery, but we knew the lady who took him...it makes it a lot easier to hand your child over to someone you know. (I'm also really glad his number didn't flash on the screen during the service). I think it's also a reality check every time I open my purse and there is a diaper inside!

Garrison loves music. He sings himself to sleep. It's really sweet. He loves the itsy bitsy spider and anything Will makes up that has Barbara in it.

When he stretches, he sticks his arms and legs straight out and his body makes an X. We say, "X marks the spot." Somehow, his nickname has become "booger."

We love him.

No comments: