Friday, May 30, 2008

mom and dad

I love having photo shoots in Oxford because I get to see my parents (and usually my brother, sister in law and nephew, but they weren't in town this past weekend). Friday night after I had been at the house a while, I was sitting in my old room, and Mom said they had a surprise for me and closed my bedroom door. She told me she would let me know when I could come out. Now, for some people, that may not be odd. But it made me a little nervous.

A few minutes later she told me I could come out and to come in the den. I walked in, and my parents were playing "You are my sunshine" on dulcimers. Yes, that's right - dulcimers. They have been playing for about a month and had not told me so they could surprise us. (They were really hoping Will was going to be with me so he could hear them play too). My mom used to wake me up every morning singing "You are my sunshine."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's what retirement from Ole Miss Football looks like? That is a super sweet story - my mom used to sing that to my brother when he was little.