Friday, June 19, 2009

our anniversary



So this is a crazy story. The night Will and I got married, we stayed at the Sassafras Inn outside of Memphis. It is this great bed and breakfast that Will found. That night, I gave Will a journal. I wrote in the front of it, dated it, signed my name, etc. The day after our wedding, we flew to Jamaica and when we got home from our honeymoon, we couldn't find the journal. We just assumed we left it in Jamaica.

Fast forward to this Monday. Monday was our 7 year anniversary (that's crazy and amazing in and of itself, but that's not the story). So for our anniversary this year, I surprised Will and made reservations for us to stay at the Sassafras Inn (although I didn't keep the surprise for very long....I ended up telling him about three weeks ago). In a typical bed and breakfast, the innkeepers have a notebook of some sort in each room for guests to sign in and write about their stay. Will and I stayed in the Victorian Room, the same room we stayed in 7 years ago. No one was staying in the honeymoon cottage, so Eric, (who has only been the inn keeper for 4 years), showed it to us. Will picked up the leather notebook that they had for people to sign in, and IT WAS THE JOURNAL I GAVE WILL 7 YEARS AGO!!!!! It still had the note I wrote to him in it! Isn't that like a movie???

Now believe me, I wanted to take the journal home. I mean, I bought it and gave it to Will as a gift, right? But we decided to leave it there. Now there are 7 years of love stories written in it. So if you ever go to Memphis, stay at the Sassafras Inn in the Honeymoon Cottage and write in "our" notebook!

3 comments:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

I love this story! So sweet and SO much like a movie! Love it!!!

Maggie said...

Please tell me you left THAT story in THE journal!!!
What a sweet story. Beautiful journal, by the way.

Kaleena said...

That made me cry! I love you guys!