Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Ike and my new logo

I know most kids grow up with pets dogs or cats. I didn't. This is Ike, my parents pet bird. When I was in the 9th grade, my dad brought home this bird. One of Dad's friends saw him walking down the street, put his finger out, and Ike jumped on. They didn't want a pet bird, so my dad brought him home, and ever since, he's been part of the family. We used to go on family vacations to the Smoky Mountains, and Ike went. We'd drive down the road with Ike sitting on my dad's shoulder. Ike doesn't really like me - I always mess with him and he tries to peck me. But he'll let my mom do anything to him. Here are two pictures of my mom holding him. He loves her (maybe because she feeds him). Ike doesn't like Will either - he decided to peck Will this morning. I'm making him out to be a vicious bird, but he's really not. He's actually pretty cute. He whistles the theme song from The Andy Griffith Show, and he says "Pretty bird," "Come here, Ike," and "What you doing?" Oh yeah, Ike was even part of our wedding reception.




I just had Leslie Gray redesign my logo and I wanted a bird on it - maybe Ike is part of the reason why...

1 comment:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

So funny! Ike has it made! Vacations in the mountains?! Wow! Oh and I LOVE your new logo!!